Wednesday 4 July 2012

Tooheys New Australia Beer

Hello All, I'm on the Beer again this time I'm in Australia.


Taste Test Time


Tooheys New


On a trip to Sydney while I was living in Australia, I tried " Tooheys New " beer. The Tooheys Brand is huge in Australia. Tooheys comes under the "Lion" company which runs brewery's all across Australia & New Zealand which in turn is owned by the "Kirin Brewery Company''. It doesn't stop there "Kirin Brewery Company" is owned by Mitsubishi.....ok lets just get back to the Beer!

Tooheys New is available on Tap, in bottles & cans, on this occasion I sampled a bottle (pictured), or a stubby as the Australians like to call it. Its a typical gold colour larger,and as you can see when its poured initially has a white head. But this head slowly fades away. It has a typical larger smell and despite what some Aussies say, in my opinion this is a drinkable brew.

It has more plus factors than minus factors. Its widely available, its past history as sponsor of the wallabies plus the Melbourne Cup make you feel Aussie drinking it. Tooheys also do good Beer TV ads. Oh and yes its Cheap.

Tooheys New has a 4.6% ABV and this mass produced beer gets a little thumps up from me. We all know there are much better beers available in Australia but Tooheys New is definitely not the worst.
Have a try & tell me what you think.




No comments:

Post a Comment