Tuesday 3 July 2012

HB Dunkel German Beer

Hi all. Well Chilie & I have been moving continents, yes from Australia to Asia, and it wont stop there! We are also planning a trip to Europe. So the Blog has taken a back seat. However this has not stopped my drinking!



                                   Taste Test Time



Dunkel Beer



This is a picture of my Beer at a German Bar in Melbourne. Its a bar called "Hofbrauhaus" which is located in Market Lane in the city centre. As I'm not a fan of wheat beer & I didn't want to be too boring & go for the HB Orginal, I instead went for the HB Dunkel (Pictured).

The best thing about visiting a German theme bar is the large glasses that the beer can be consumed in, or "Steins" as the Germans like to call them.

My Stein of HB Dunkel was served with a large white froth head, which is again typical German. German Beer glasses always have enough head space above the measured amount of beer, So you get exactly the proper amount of beer you pay for!

The white froth head looks well with the Dark Red beer below. The taste of the HB Dunkel is a strong Malt taste (Strong in a good way). There is also a hint of caramel which makes a great finish.
This a great German beer with a continuous Malt taste, plus with a 5.5% ABV it gets a big thumbs up from me. Go Try it & tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment