Wednesday 11 July 2012

My Ladybird

I haven't been cooking or baking for a while as I was moving back to Malaysia from Melbourne . It's really tiring for moving between two different countries. I supposed this is not too much a big deal nowadays, because it is so convenient with all the shipping service you can found on the market as well as the flexibilities you have for buying the luggage size. Sometimes you just don't realised how many things you have. :P Opss.. Sorry.. just a bit too much of shopping that's all. Haha...

Alright.. Enough for packing and moving now. Back to my kitchen, Chilie's Kitchen. :)
I made a Ladybird Cake for my cousin's Birthday.
Here is some photos I took.

This is a Mocha Almond Cake that was baked in a bowl to create the dome shape. 

It's cut in half and filled with Chocolate Ganache and sprinkles a handful of Almond nibs

Chocolate Butter cream for crumb coating

Flower

The Head

and

Ta . Da !!!



I'm actually not too happy about it. It was so hot and humid in Malaysia. After I crumbcoating the cake with buttercream, I put them back in the fridge for setting. I pull them out later to apply for the red fondant but it is just so difficult to handle because the buttercream is melting. I have to rush it back in the fridge to keep the shape. At the end as you can see, it sweat all over until the decoration on top sliding down. I have find other way to solve the problems.Maybe coat it with marzipan? or maybe some other more stable vegetable fat and butter blend? Any suggestion please let me know... Thanks...


Cheers. 
Chilie.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment