Saturday 21 July 2012

18yr Chivas Regal (Scotland Whisky)

Hello folks, I hope the drinking is going well. Today I'm on the scotch whisky. Lets see how it goes.


Taste Test Time


Chivas Regal is one of the most recognisable brands in the whole world. Many years ago when I started drinking I found the name a bit funny to pronounce....Chives I would call it! trying to sound man like.
Anyway despite my stupidity Chivas has grown from strength to strength, because its so freely available & recognisable I think its lost a bit of its posh status.

Lets start with the bottle. Its in a clear glass bottle engraved with the year the original Chivas grocery store opened (1801). The label is rather grand, its a gold colour that mixes the name & age of the blend in blue (Pictured Below)



18yr CHIVAS REGAL

When I poured it into my glass it was a a sharp gold colour, its looks was appealing, rusty & bright.

Next was the all important taste. Recently I had been drinking single malt aged whisky so this was kind of a personal difference test.

At first you can taste the spiciness in the mouth. Its not a smooth taste. However after a few glasses the spiciness got a little less...but it remained. I can see why its popular. Its a whisky that lets your throat know "I'm here" so its a good drop. Its has a 40 % ABV so its a normal intake.

Overall this is a drop I would recommend. And it has been requested by Frank Sinatra on many of his backstage tours, So who am I to argue



18YR CHIVAS IN THE GLASS

18YR CHIVAS REGAL

If you would like to know more about "Chivas" simply click and go to the website. If you have tried it let me know what you think.

Talk to ya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment