Wednesday 4 July 2012

Mount Cass Pinot Noir New Zealand Wine

Hi All, another day another beverage...this time I've brought wine.


Taste Test Time


Mount Cass NZ Pinot Noir



This is a New Zealand Pinot Noir which I tasted while living in New Zealand. The winery is "Mount Cass" in the Waipara Valley on the South Island. This winery has a number of wines on offer, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay & Pinot Noir (pictured in glass) plus Riesling (pictured in bottle). I saved megapixels by snapping both in one shot!

My tasting was the Pinot Noir, Which of course was FREE at the Vineyard. You can slightly see from the picture that it is a light red in colour. The aroma & taste was fruity which made it lack in taste for me, a bit too dry. Its has a 13% ABV so if you like a dry pinot this is for you.



Overall the experience at the "Mount Cass Winery" was brilliant and I would recommend you visit. They also have won awards at the Air New Zealand wine awards.

PUB IN WAIPARA

Also for all my Beer friends, If you are in the Waipara region why not go to a great New Zealand Pub. Its called the " Waipara Hotel" and it serves beer on Tap , the staff are super plus  it has accommodation. Its also featured in the New Zealand movie  "Netherwood".

The Waipara Hotel

Check out the "Netherwood" Movie website.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment